What would you like to see changed in Debian?
Posted by Steve on Tue 8 Nov 2005 at 14:23
As Debian users what do you think you'd like to see changed in the Debian's future releases? Are there any small changes you'd particularly like to see made?
I'm thinking in terms of both the available packages, and new installations. Now don't go crazy suggesting unrealistic things such as:
- Hardware support for all new devices
- This is mostly a kernel issue anyway.
- Automatic hardware detection
- This is coming along nicely and will continue to improve.
It is the little things I'm curious about. Are there simple changes which would make your lives easier?
- I know I'd be pleased if there were fewer "essential" packages, so I could minimise new installations.
- Although I've fairly guilty of writing things in Perl which should probably be shell scripts.
But what would you like to see changed? And would you be prepared to pay people to work on them? (I find the AJ market a fascinating idea..)