Weblog entry #141 for ajt
I've done presentations before and I don't mind standing up in front of people any more giving a presentation. I think my slides work well and I care about what I talk about. I'd never claim to be a professional or seriously good at it but I think I'm good enough. I've been reading slides on SlideShare dealing with PowerPoint Poisoning, which offer up some really good tips. It's mostly common sense but there were a few things I'd not though of before.
The basics are obvious, not that anyone in our media department has read them...
- Use only a few fonts and styles
- Use large clear fonts with sensible colour schemes
- Keep the content clear and simple
There were a few observations I'd not specifically thought of but they are obvious:
- Clip art looks cr*p use photographs
- People read faster than you can speak
- Default templates are not very good and your slides end up looking like everyone elses
- Don't send people the presentation, a presentation should be presented, if you need to send them something send them proper document
Comments on this Entry